Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Baby Quilting


My husband's brother and sister-in-law are pregnant, so you know what that means: I get to craft them something! Their nursery is going to have a birdie theme, so at first I was considering this mobile, but it needs to be ship-able, so I decided to make a quilt. The quilt is going to have 12 birds, in red, yellow, and green prints, with a blue print for the sashing to match their nursery.

I hope they like it; you always take a chance when you give a handcrafted gift, because some recipients don't value such things, but I always try and hope for the best. I like to give handcrafted gifts because those are the kind that mean the most to me.

What kinds of gifts have you handcrafted recently, and any suggestions for cute handmake-able baby items?

1 comment:

Yarni Gras! said...

the quilt sounds lovely.....As for the mobile, I have made some birds from that particular pattern and they are SO cute.....maybe you could make just one and put a rattle inside it...just as a little extra. or enlarge the pattern and make a bird lovie for the new baby.......