Saturday, October 4, 2008

Destash: Scrap Fabric Wreath


In an effort to continue cleaning out my stash of craft supplies, I made this festive wreath for the basement door. I pulled all my red, pink, and green colored fabrics, and used them up to make a new decoration!

First, I cut the fabric into strips that are about 1 1/2" x 6"; any size really will work, just make sure you can tie the strips in a knot.



Then, with your purchased wire wreath frame, start tying the strips onto the frame, packing them pretty tightly to cover all the space.



Continue in this way until you've covered the frame and the wreath is pleasing to you. I finished it by tying a pretty ribbon on one side to use as a hanger.



Easy! And now you have an (almost) free new holiday, or anyday, decoration!

No comments: