Thursday, February 5, 2009

Unraveling


I am unraveling...not from lack of sleep or the demands of a new baby, but because what I thought was an inspired project is not turning out how I imagined it! After seeing Tess of the D'Urbervilles on PBS, and reading the Ravelry forum posts about her awesome knit wrap-around shawl, I wanted to design my own happy version. The one Tess wears in the movie is decidedly un-happy, made of a dark grey and companion to her in her many troubles. My version was going to be bright, striped, and cheerful. After slow starts and unsatisfactory progress though, I'm giving up, and unraveling the yarn to use in more promising projects.

I really loved how the teal/hot pink combination was working out though; the one redeeming part of the doomed shawl. If you have a wrap-around and tie shawl pattern that you love, will you pass it on to me?

No comments: