Thursday, April 3, 2008

Finally...Some Finished Books


My workshop on Saturday was great! I had a couple friends come, and some new people stopped by. We had fun making Japanese stab bound books, and some cool paper star books.

These books you see above are what I've been working on the last couple of days. I love longstitch bindings, and I tried something new with the beads on the blue one. The yellow and pink ones are a new binding I tried; I've seen this binding (or something like it) before and finally got around to trying it for myself. I think they look pretty cool with the inside paper peaking through the spine. The yellow one will be for sale soon in my Etsy shop, and the pink one is bound (ha! no pun intended) for the BEST Books shop, the Etsy bookbinding team shop.

As far as reading books goes, I'm enjoying "The Daughter of Time" (for about the 4th time) by Josephine Tey. Inspector Grant solves a historical mystery while he's bedridden in hospital. Great reading! And.......I'm counting the hours until the last installment of the new Masterpiece Theatre version of Sense and Sensibility, Sunday night at 9 p.m. Eastern! Yeah!

No comments: