Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Great Knitted Purse Swap

I'm participating in my first knitting swap on Ravlery with a knitted purse swap. This is my completed questionaire so everyone knows my knitting likes and dislikes!

Do you knit, crochet, or do both? For how long?
Knit, for about 13 years

What are your 5 favorite purses in your queue that you would like to recieve? or would you like your swapee to surprise you and get creative?
Surprise me! If you want a hint, I really like Noni felted purses; but don’t feel obliged, I really like surprises too!

What other crafts do you do, if any?
I am a bookbinder and have a small business selling my work. I also sew a little:)

What are your favorite colors? Colors you loathe?
I love jewel tone colors, and pinks, greens, blues. I don’t like browns or neutral colors, or fluroescent/neon colors.

What type of purse would you like to recieve? (knitted, crochet, felted)
I would love a felted purse; otherwise knitted.

Are you allergic to anything?
Nope.

Favorite yarn brands? Fiber types? Yarn you can’t stand?
I love lots of yarn brands; my favorites are Rowan or Manos del Uraguay. I love natural fibers, mainly wool!

What is your favorite type of item to knit/crochet?
I really like to make sweaters, but I’m also knitting baby things now. And I’m getting into washcloths/dishcloths.

What kind of needles do you like? (i.e. circular, straight, metal, bamboo, etc.)
I love my Addi Turbos, otherwise, any kind of circular. But I would love a pair of beautiful wood needles.

Any knitting tools you lack but crave?
I can’t really think of any. I don’t have any cute stitch markers, or a good gauge.

Patterns you’ve been dying to get but haven’t yet?
Can’t think of any. I am knitting more baby things, so something baby-related would be nice.

Do you drink coffee, tea, cocoa or add to water beverages? Flavors you love/hate?
I drink decaf coffee right now, and I love decaf fruit teas.

Favorite sweets & snacks?
Anything chocolate!

What kinds of books do you like to read? Favorite authors or genres?
I read classics, or classic mysteries, think Agatha Christie. I’ve pretty much gone through all of hers though. Hmmm…Now I’ve started on Margery Allingham, she also writes classic mysteries.

What type of lip product do you use?
Clinique Sweet Honey lipstick; but I always like a subtle lip gloss, of any brand!

Do you collect anything? (besides yarn! LOL!)
Just old books, I guess. I also love vintage textiles and buttons.

What, if any, are your non-craft related hobbies?
Cooking, reading

Scents you adore? Scents that make you gag?
Hmm…I get smell headaches pretty easily, so I’m not much for scented things.

No comments: