Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Progress...and concern


I am now this far on my February Lady Sweater and loving it. But...my yarn is getting used up much quicker than I thought it would. I have 7 skeins of Classic Elite Lush, with 124 yards per skein, so total about 868 yards. Which technically should be enough for the sweater. In this picture I'm about 1/4 of the way through my fourth skein.

So, any ideas for what to do if the yarn runs out? My plan is to continue working the body for as long as I want the sweater/as long as the yarn holds out. If I have any left, I'll add it to the sleeves. They may end up as cap sleeves. Or, what do you think about adding a new yarn to finish the sleeves? Good idea or bad idea?

1 comment:

DangAndBlast! said...

I've tried to do that (add a different yarn) -- it's never worked for me. Always looks like those beat-up cars where one panel's been replaced in a different color. If there's not even enough to do cap sleeves, I'd suggest leaving it sleeveless and crocheting an edging around the armholes -- or, as crocheted openwork takes less yarn, get a bit more space out of your yarn by crocheting cap sleeves.

Other than that, your blog looks good -- you're in my reader now!