Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sketchbook Wraps


My newest project, created in an effort to combine all my scraps of material with bookbinding somehow. Ever since I got pregnant I've had this strong desire to clean everything extraneous out of the house! Not so easy when you're sentimentally attached to almost anything and everything:)



But, it's easier for me to part with supplies if they're transformed into something useful, like a book. Hence the Sketchbook Wraps to use up all my bits and pieces of Kaffe Fassett fabric. Who wouldn't want to draw or doodle in a book covered with these fantastic prints? And I think the vintage buttons add a nice touch on the cover fasteners. There's just enough room in back to slip five shortie colored pencils too, so no good idea goes unrecorded.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Good idea, and I especially like the space for the pencils. Wonderful fabrics too.